Lately I've come across many of my younger sistas taking shit from men that we would never accept. They allow these guys to talk to them any kind of way...the seem so desperate to have a man that they lose all their good judgement. Now I know that many women from many generations have done this but for some reason it just seems to be getting out of hand. One girl in particular I have tried to help because I have seen myself in her and I would hate for her to go down the same path that I traveled to only get hurt later.But it seems that no matter what they still do what they want even getting hurt time and time again. But I keep on giving her my wisdom as I wished someone would have done for me growing up. I'm not trying to be her mother but I want to give her the benefit of my experience. So younger sistas...when some of us experienced ones are trying to tell you something....LISTEN!!! It doesnt hurt, or cost you a thing.
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are very right hopefully YOU can make a difference in how our Black Women deal with Black Men!
From a Mans perspective... My Sisters, both of these Ladies are right. Have an attentive ear and a Silent Tounge for what they are saying is true. What really needs to be addressed is the type of men you are trying to get with. Take your time and find out more about this "man". You don't know what you may find in there closet(s). Once you find out what you need to know, most and for most, you don't have to put up with the b.s. It all depends on what you are looking for when that moment arises. Take your time, but be safe. There are some of us Brothers out there that can, and do, treat a lady, like a lady. Even if its for one moment.
From a True Man that is all about the satisfaction(s) a woman can and has to give...
who besides me thinks from a man's perspective is a serial killer -- raise your hands :)
Post a Comment